Words of Wisdom & Winner

i found this quote on the blog 'Bits of Truth' - i found it humorous and a lil bit true *wink*


Five Peals of Wisdom to Remember:

1.  Money can't buy happiness but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a BMW then on a bicycle.

2.  Forgive your enemy, but always remember the mother f*cker's name!

3.  Help a man when he is trouble and he will remember you when he is in trouble again.

4.  Many people are alive only because it's illegal to shoot them!

5.  Alcohol does not solve problems, but then, neither does milk!






By using random.org, the GIVEAWAY WINNER IS



CONGRATS Lila!!! - i will contact you with all the information and get you on your way to your VERY own CUSTOM sign! - Thank You to my friends at Ramsign! Genius company! and THANK YOU BUTTERFLY FOLLOWERS for participating - you guy's make it all worth it!


and i'm SO happy to have met new blogger friends along the way!
Thanks you guys!




My Life:
Lent - for those of you who are Catholic, then you know Lent is here which means we have to "give up something we enjoy" - i racked my brain on what in the world can i give it, that i really take a lot of joy in - and i came up with the PERFECT thing - i'm giving up On-line Sample Sales for the entire length of lent! - i think i might have some panic attacks and crying fits over the deals i'll be missing out on - but my bank account and credit cards could use a break - and lord knows i own way too many material possessions as it is - so here it is, out in the universe, Erika is giving up on-line sample sales for lent! - wish me luck! - oh and i'm gonna try to add exercising into my life, i'm starting to resemble the Pillsbury Dough Boy *ekk* *boohoo*


DO YOU GIVE UP ANYTHING FOR LENT?!


HAPPY WEEKEND BUTTERFLIES!!!!


post signature

38 comments:

  1. Tehehe...that first one...I wiiiiilll be using! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These quotes are hysterical, and yes - so true!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    xx
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really funny!! Will have to remember them!! I'm not Catholic, but lent is a great thing. Have a great weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I love the last one - i'll use that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great. I like #2 and I think my husband would like #4 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great one. The first one made me laugh out loud!!! Have a great weekend, sweetie
    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great especially that 1st one! Hope you have a fantastic weekend and congrats to the winner! XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winner. I gave up all booze! It should not be too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the spunk in the words of wisdom! Have a wonderful weekend. How's your mother? She's in my thoughts everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy reading Jen's blog, the quotes are fun to read.:D

    Yes, I do. I am a Catholic too.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aah, those quotes gave me a good laugh. We all need to look at the lighter side of life sometimes! :)

    Good luck during Lent! I've given up sugary junk food (my weakness!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. #1 and #2 are my favorites...wisdom I carry with me daily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo hoo! I've never won anything! My e-mail is lilaferraro@gmail.com. Thanks so much!
    xoxo
    Lila Ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely quotes! And congratulations to the winner! Enjoy the gorgeous weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow- that's a sacrifice! We'll be here to help you stay away from the dark side.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are some amazing words of wisdom girl! Love it. I am going to attempt to give up shopping online too...wishing you luck. We need it!! ha. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are adorable. I love the lenten journey you are embarking on :D I posted my sacrifice about 2 days ago. I think I'm crazy b/c it's my source of caffeine! Congrats to you winner, that's awesome :) XO, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing! I have to remember these!! Have a great weekend darling. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha quote #2 speaks truth: I don't like thinking I have enemies so in my case I would say "forgive those who have hurt you, but never forget their names."

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you found my blog. I admire you giving up something for Lent. Following you now

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha! I love those quotes, they made me smile! I personally do not give anything up for Lent, but I find it intriguing when people do!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love lent... it makes me dig deep and really be present in what jesus did for us... hard to believe sometimes...
    i will be praying for you and your mother.. and may God keep her safe and in HIs loving care... xoxo pam

    ReplyDelete
  23. these are definitely going on my FB status... have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love these rules. Very funny and kinda true

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love those 5!

    I've given stuff up as I'm Christian. Roll on Easter cause I'm craving chocolate and sweets already!

    X x x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Erika, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You can't beat a fresh laid egg from your own hens.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hahaha, I totally laughed out loud, cute quotes ;)


    Eternally yours,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hihi, the 'Five Peals of Wisdom' made me laught!
    Hugs and a happy Sunday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good luck with (or should I say without) sample sales!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The 5 Pearls of Wisdom made me laugh SOOOOO hard!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The third one is my favorite. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats to the winner! Bahaha loving those words of wisdom, especially number 2!

    For lent I gave up soda and iced tea. It's my attempt to drink more water!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the quotes... too funny! Uh oh... going to have to not even peek at the sample sales! If you figure out a way to enjoy exercise let me know! xo

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what your thinking!

 

Instagram Photostream

Recent Tweets