Whole30 Part 2

not sure if i told you, but i completed the Whole30 challenge at the beginning of this month - the first time i attempted the challenge it was an epic fail - this time 100% success (lost about 15 lbs) - TBT i've always had fluctuating weight and have always been self-conscious of my body - on the same hand i've never tipped the scale like i did - this is a whole new ballgame all due to medication (man how i wish i never seen that 1 quack of a doctor - but things can be worse - yeah i'm a bit chubby now but i'm also the healthiest i've ever been)

the Whole30 takes 100% commitment - it's your pregnant or your not type of thing - there's a lot of preparation (prepping foods for meals/snacks; trips for fresh veggies; eating organic and raw; reading all labels; making your own condiments; etc - Tarder Joe's, Whole Foods, and your local veggie/seafood market will be your go-to destinations) - but honestly it's not hard, i was overwhelmed at first, but i received some really good advice which was: 'don't over think it' - BEST advice ever - DON'T OVER THINK IT

here's what my typical shopping cart would look like:


*i forgot to add fresh garlic and sweet potatoes*

food shopping no longer was an adventure - i became a pro in no time - grabbing what i needed instead of impulse buys - i also cancelled my gym membership and turned my dungeon of a basement into a mini-gym - 5-6 times a week i would be down there for 40-60 mins working out - i didn't miss or crave any foods - hot sauce become my best friend - i experimented with a lot of different spices to change things up - i also grilled and roasted almost everything - i kept it easy and basic, i didn't attempt any "fancy" dishes nor did i break out the food processor - also by dinner i was hardly hungry so i usually made a green juice ...

HAVE YOU DONE THE WHOLE30?
(i'm back doing another 30+ days)

if you have any questions - shoot them over - i'm pretty confident i know what i'm doing *wink*


post signature
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. I've never done the Whole30, but I love how natural it all seems. The vegetables and the fruit look scrummy!

    Congrats on losing 15 pounds lady - that's incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats never even heard of it might check it out cuz I eat so much hot sauce anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done the Whole30 challenge but I need too. I eat WAY too much diary and recently found out I'm becoming increasily more lactose intolerant which is forcing me to eat more whole foods. I recently tried to only eat products without xide in them or an ingredient with a number in it, aka red 40. It's a struggle, but your so right...Don't overthink it. I HAVE to remember that!!!

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring post, darling!
    I need to try this challenge!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried it, but I definitely should after indulging in some Doughnut Plant doughnuts this past weekend!
    www.poolovesboo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen the whole30 I think it is a great plan I thought about doing it but I am doing the McCombs plan instead it is also a detox. No pork or oranges or nuts though and no sugar or sugar substitutes such as honey or agave ~I thought the first day with no sugar I was going to die hehehe.... But I love not having any sugar in my system that alone helps to drop those unwanted pounds!! I have Celiac so I am always gluten free but I find I go in spurts and get myself into to trouble with processed gluten free food. Good luck I hope you reach your goals, with a healthy diet like that I am sure your on your way :) Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erika, you darling, beautiful girl, you! I was SOOO glad to see your comment on my blog. Thanks for coming to visit me!
    I am so glad to see that you are doing that Whole30 deal. That is just the way I've been eating for the past 3 years (I only buy stuff at Whole Foods - but I am too fanatic at times). Whole (completely organic) foods and the real stuff it what makes a big difference for me. No potatoes, no starchy stuff, either. I've never been healthier or happier. I do think that what we eat affects our brain chemistry. And yeah, I'm a coffee girl too...too much of it, it's the problem (and can't seem to drink it without sugar in it...hence my attempt to switch slowly to herbal teas - no sugar needed :)
    Happy to learn you are happy, love.
    Hugs.























    descargar videos de youtube

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so amazing. MY friend did a quick cleanse like that. I might have to try it. I'm always trying to eat better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my friend and i are starting this in a couple weeks! i'm terrified...but excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wao!! So excting!! I will look into as I am always looking to lose a few pounds....its those last 5 that are impossible....I am curious about this since I had not heard of it before! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How awesome, Erika! Congrats on sticking with it!

    I haven't tried the challenge, but I've eased myself into eating a lot healthier and less frequently. I bet you must feel amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post.

    If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Parisian Style'.

    XO
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is amazing! I haven't been full on doing it, but have drawn inspiration from it for clean eating and have lost 8 pounds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man, I don't think I could do this. I am looking forward to hearing how it works for you. I am gluten free, and that's enough for me. I am curious why you are page-breaking? Why are people doing this? I usually don't click to the second part. I wonder how many other's don't?

    ReplyDelete
  16. You rock and good job on the weight loss! The main thing is making a lifestyle change and you definitely seem to have done that.
    I changed our diet last year to minimize carbs and it has definitely worked for both our physiques and health (the husband's cholesterol and blood pressure are normal now!)

    I definitely agree about lots of fresh produce and we have red peppers and carrots a lot. I'm also trying to do a vegetarian meal a day. If I was back in NYC, we should totally do a fun cooking night! There are lots of yummy grilled dishes!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooooh good for you! so inspiring! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Erika,

    I am so proud of YOU!! Hang in there and just like you said.. don't over think it. The more emphasis you put on food the worse things get.

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  19. No.. I haven't done whole30 neither heard abt it until now! I eat whatever I like, in small proportions.. I don't eat junk food, coffee or aerated drinks n rest, everything :D

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment :) thanks fr following me.. m following u too now

    Maybe you have time to read my new post on Blog: Glistening Highs & Lows with Mint & Bows

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hate food shopping! but this made me want to go buy all healthy goodies!
    xx
    b

    ReplyDelete
  21. My first attempt turned out to be an epic fail. I'm a picky eater who doesn't like a lot of foods so it was hard for me. Definitely willing to give it another try though! Thanks for sharing your insight! Found you via Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what your thinking!

 

Instagram Photostream

Recent Tweets