Lavender





Lavender has been used for centeries!  Lavender flowers have long since been used to treat digestive problems, insomnia, anxiety, and restlessness.  Today, lavender is most commonly used for anxiety, depression, mental exhaustion, insomnia, scrapes and wounds, digestive problems, headaches, skin problems and women's health problems. In addition to this, lavender can be used to treat exhaustion, heat exposure, fevers, aches and pains, over-exertion, jet lag, rashes, sprains, sunburn, sunstroke, bruises and burns. It can also be used as a disinfectant and insect repellant. Lavender is an antiseptic, natural antibiotic, sedative, detoxifier.  So in other words, lavender not only smells amazing but it IS amazing!  I consider lavender to be my right hand man!






So if you know me, or just getting to know me .. you'll realize REAL quick i have a bit of an obsession over lavender.  My favorite soap is Yardley London English Lavender.  You might recognize the brand from seeing it in your neighborhood Outback Steakhouse .. i make a run to the bathroom wherever i go, but when i go there it's a really pleasurable way to start off a casual/fattening dinner :o) .. the simple things like good soap in a restaurant really make my day :o)







Every night i spray my pillows, sheets, comforter, etc with Lavender and Chamomile pillow mist from Bath and Body Works.   This is a modern version of the century old tradition to treat insomnia, when people would take pure lavender oil and soak up a cotton ball and place the cotton ball in their pillow case.  Their bubble bath also ranks up their with me, and can be found in the mall stores or on their website.  A little bit of the bubble bath goes a long way, i usually use 1 cap full when i use it.  I have used many different linen sprays, but this one from B&BW is one of my favorite.  I find some really great linen sprays at Marshalls and TJ Maxx, great place to try new scents and for a bargin price!







Joe, my boyfriend of almost 6 years, got me this lavender bath/massage oil for the tub @ AF Bennett Salon and Spa in Staten Island, that is beyond to die for.  It's called Keyano Aromatics, and of course he got me the lavender.  It leaves your skin silky smooth and the smell last for hours, i'm a huge fan!  Only problem tho, the next morning when you go to take a shower the bottom of the tub can be a bit slippery from the oil, so you need to give the tub a quick scrub after using the oil! 




I use to be a big fan of the lavender scented Yankee candles, but then I discovered Village Candle.  This candle features 2 wicks, so you have proper level burning, and the scent is strong and graceful!  i also perfer this candle, rather then the small designer candles, even though they are wonderful, but this candle is more practical for me, since i burn candels atleast 8 hours a day!  A designer candle could onloy handle 1 day with me, unfortunatlly.  In addition, i have found that this candle actually seems to last longer then the Yankee candle's, and like i said with the level burning, instead of having to push the wax down, really makes this candle a winner!  Currently i burn this candle at home and in work, i think all my lavender candle burning has clamed the nerves of all the men i work with, (told you i have tricks up my sleeve)  ;o)




In addition i'm a big fan of lavender scented fabric softner and laundry detergent.  Tide has their "Simple Pleasures" line that features lavender and it's really easy to obtain at any of your local grocery or retail shops.  And you can usually always find a coupon in your Sunday paper, which is always nice to save a few pennies here and there!  Mrs. Meyer's also has lavender laundry detergent AND is earth frieldy!!! BONUS!! .. You'll find everything from dish washer detergent to window spray. 


So there you have it - a little piece of my world of lavender!  I can literally go on for days with products i've tried and tested and all the winners and losers!  I feel as though you can never go wrong with lavender, and i read recently that lavender actually sparks a man's sex drive!  So if your going out on a first date, or wanna spruce up your relationship, try a little lavender, see what happenes!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thinking!

 

Instagram Photostream

Recent Tweets