It's all catching upto me!

it's all catching up to me - all the doctor appointments - seeing the plastic surgeon and what i would look like (wish i NEVER saw those pictures - i cry every time i think of them) - the endless reminders that i'm BRCA positive - seeing my Mom not able to walk possibly for the rest of her life (hopfully she'll see improvement in 2 years) - wiping tears away from others eyes b/c of their pain - taking care of 3 houses and the pets - the constant reminders of "cancer" are all around me and i can't get away - yup Miss Always Happy Upbeat Carefree Free Spirit Erika is bummed right now - but i think a WELL deserved bum mood!

hopefully this weekend i'll lay out on the beach with a book - visit a few tiki places - eat some really great sushi - head over to Brooklyn - and in between turn my A/C to freezing and cuddled up in a ball on my couch watching movies!

 hey UNIVERSE, you listening to me?! - lighten up the load dude, come on already!

post signature

14 comments:

  1. Prayers to you for a nice, relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the universe listens. I hope all your plans for the weekend put a smile on your face, if only for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts and prayers for you. I wish you weren't having to go through all that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you need some TLC for certain. You can only run like this for so long, feed your sould a little bit. That poster about the wise man and joke is well said indeed.
    Rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. eff cancer!

    hugs to you and your sweet mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry for your trying time. I hope things start looking up for you and your loved ones quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *hugs* to you, dear. You are certainly allowed a pity party or five! I think it's theraputic. so let it all out and don't feel bad about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have an awesome weekend :) you deserve it! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. All my love to you, my beautiful butterfly friend. I cannot imagine the weight you carry- it must be crushing. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. And that last story? So right on true. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great words of wisdom in this post! you've been so strong throughout everything Erika and it's only human to have your weak moments. we're here for you girl! lots of love to you and hope you're enjoying your weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just discovered your lovely blog. I look forward to popping by again for some inspiration! I'm just new into blogging this year & have put together a daily blog on design, fashion, food, travel and anything pretty.
    http://scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com/
    I had a lot of fun putting it together maybe you would like to check it out if you have a spare minute.
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erika, I wish I were down there to help you. Your family is always in my daily prayers and I am always here if you need someone to listen. Lots of love, my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both of these quotes. So so true

    *Coley*

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what your thinking!

 

Instagram Photostream

Recent Tweets